Monday, April 12, 2010

The Name Game

I put off starting a blog forever partly because of A) laziness B) stubbornness & C) I couldn’t think of a good enough name. The hardest thing about a blog is really the name – it will forever brand you, like that kid in your class named Millard. Here is a look at a few of my castoffs:


1. Allthegoodblognamesweretaken: But I kid you not that it was already taken.


2. Iheartcheese: because I do. I really, really do.


3. Dotblogspot: For the very reason that when someone asked me what my blog address was I could say “dotblogspot” and they would say “what dotblogspot?” and I’d be like “no, dotblogspot” and they’d go “I know, but WHAT dotblogspot?” and I’d be all “I told you! Dotblogspot!” and it would be a whole Laurel and Hardy thing. But then I realized that I enjoyed having friends and would like to keep that going.


4. IknowwhathappensattheendofLOST: I figured that this would be a great way to attract tons of readers all at once, but then when they found out that my best guess as to how they get off the island is that the Harlem Globetrotters stop by for an exhibition game and then bring them home, I think I would make a lot of people very mad. And I really don’t want my house egged, again.


5. TeamTyler: Because who needs a brooding vampire or mangy werewolf when you have a husband who happily changes diapers, will rub YOUR back when he’s been standing in surgery all day and even gets up with the baby when he has to wake up at 5 am? Take that, Stephenie Meyer!


6. Yourmomgoestocollege: Because everything is funnier if “your mom” is in front of it.


7. Mymomreallydoesgotocollege: At least she did until she graduated just recently, for which I’m really proud of her.


8. JerseyShoreForever: I actually tried this one out for awhile. I meant that the Jersey Shore is a lovely place to vacation but apparently some people took it to mean something else and reacted in a surprisingly negative way (see #4).

No comments:

Post a Comment